Get your child ready for school taking these simple steps to improve their quality of sleep. To do this, you may want to consider kiwi fruit.
Researchers in Taiwan took adults over age 20 and had them eat two kiwi fruit everyday one hour before bedtime. They did this each day for four weeks. At the end of four weeks, the adults were able to stay asleep for longer and their sleep quality improved.
Here are steps that you can take:
1) Talk to your doctor and ask if kiwi is okay.
2) If kiwi is not a problem, ask your doctor what amount is okay to eat each day.
3) Think about your child's normal daily pre-bedtime routine and ask yourself between which activities will you be able to fit in the kiwi.
4) Go to the grocer and buy kiwi fruit. There are several varieties. Your child may prefer golden kiwi because it's sweeter than other kiwi.
5) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: Check for any food allergies by only eating a very tiny amount in the first week. Kiwifruit contains naturally occurring actinidin, salicylate, and amines. Children are much more likely to have food allergy than adults and more likely to have more severe allergic reactions than adults. So go slow when introducing new foods.
6) If no food allergies, you can consider gradually increase the amount over time.
Effect of kiwifruit consumption on sleep quality in adults with sleep problems